Clear Springs Mill
302 Capital Hill Road
Dillsburg, PA 17019
A 19th century mill restored in the 1990s. Grist and flour mill. Available for groups for day retreats, businesses and family groups. Also a restored sawmill.
Directions: South on Route 15; 4 miles intersects Clear Springs Road, turn left
onto Clear Springs Road. At stop sign mill is on right on Capital Hill Road.
Open: Apr– Nov by appointment/reservation.
Mascot Roller Mills & Ressler Family House
2880 Stumptown Road
Ronks, PA 17572
For three generations, from 1865 until 1977, William Ressler and his descendants owned and operated the Mascot Mills. Each generation of the Resslers made the mill their livelihood, and the village their home.
Open: May - Oct; Mon – Sat 9am – 4pm
Mill Bridge Village
101 South Ronks Road
Ronks, PA 17572
Home of two registered historic landmarks: 1738 John Herr Grist Mill and 1844 Double Arch covered bridge. It was once the center of milling and interaction of early settlers during the 1700s.
Directions: From Lancaster City; Route 30 East 10-15 miles, turn right onto South Ronks Road, 1/2 mile on left, enter at covered bridge.
Open: Mar – Nov; 7 days a week 10am – 4pm
Muddy Creek Forks Roller Mill
Muddy Creek Forks Road
On Rt. 74, five miles from Brogue, York County
Located in southern York County is the Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad Preservation Society’s Village, an example of a typical railroad community in the steam engine era. One of the buildings that remains from that era is the Muddy Creek Forks Roller Mill. Water from nearby Muddy Creek powered the mill. Call or visit the web site for information on tours.
Directions: Take Route 74 South of Red Lion to Brogue. Turn right on Muddy Creek Forks Road and continue 5 mi. to the Village at the railroad tracks. Or, take the Shrewsbury exit of I-83. Follow Route 581 East through Stewartstown
to New Park. Turn left on New Park Road, and follow it to the Village at the railroad tracks.
Open: Jun-Labor Day, Sun 1-5 pm
The Mill at the Agricultural & Industrial Museum
217 West Princess Street
York, PA 17403
The museum, once an industrial complex, provides enough space for a reconstructed 1830s grist mill, complete with an operating water wheel and an A-frame ammonia compressor, over 30’ high, manufactured in 1904 to refrigerate a meat packing plant. The Industrial & Agricultural Museum is located along the northern terminus of the York County Heritage Rail Trail that extends from York to Baltimore.
Directions: From Route 30 take North George Street into downtown York. Go through the square and make a right onto West Princess Street. Go 2 1/2 blocks and the museum will be on your right. The parking lot is on your left.
Open: Tue – Sat 10am – 4pm. Closed major holidays (New Year’s Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas).
Wallace Cross Mill
400 Mundis Race Road
York, PA 17406
Built in 1826, a 3-story wooden building. Water powered grist mill. Along Rombo Run. Preserved on PA and National Register of Historic Places. Administered by York County Parks through friends of Wallace-Cross Mill.
Directions: South on Route 24, 3 miles, left onto Church Street. Continue on Church, at stop sign in crossroads go 3 miles more. Left onto Cross Mill Road 1-mile, mill on left.
Open: May–Sept weekends Sat and Sun, hours vary.